Hohm Tech Hohm Life v4 18650
Hohm Tech has released the Hohm Tech Hohm Life v4 in the 1st quarter 2020. This battery is a completely overhauled version of previous Hohm Life batteries. The Hohm Life V4 is geared towards vaping users that want a battery that feeds power hungry mods and are tired of swapping batteries every hour or so.
The Hohm Tech Hohm Life V4 has engineering changes as specified by Hohm Tech to make many safety imrpovements. Without getting too battery technical, improvents on the type of aluminum used along with adding a 2-stage CID (current interrupt device) system to help in overcharge protection.
This battery packs a punch with 3015mAh and 31.5Amps. The Hohm Life V4 has a number of additional improvements made to them which has met all testing expectations of a high performance battery.
Hohm Tech has modified the LCO (Lithium Cobalt Oxide.) Traditionally, the LCO is the least desirable battery chemistry due to lower chemistry stability in comparison to other chemistry formulas available.
Hohm Tech’s modifications to the Hohm Tech Hohm Life v4 18650 include adding aluminum, copper, ethylene carbonate along with other elements. With the Hohm Tech Hohm Life v4 18650 improvements, Hohm Tech has confirmed life cycle gains, steadier amperage capabilities.
Hohm Tech Hohm Life v4 18650 Product Specifications:
- Capacity: 3015mAh
- Max Charge Rate: 4.43A
- Max Charge Voltage: 4.2V
- Continuous Discharge Rate: 22.1A
- Max @ 80oC | 3.2V cut-off: 31.5A
- Pulse | Peak: 37.1A
- Max Safe Cut-Off: 2.5V
- Cycle Life Retention: 500 Cycles ≥ 70%, 1000 ≥ 60%
- Chemistry Type: INR Li-NMC (QSP)
As the consumer of these products like the Hohm Tech Hohm Life v4 please use caution and read all manuals, heed warnings and be safe. The info presented on manufacturer packaging is not verified, analyzed, or tested by Garden of Eden Vapors.
Please contact us with any questions regarding the product you purchased. If in the rare case we cannot answer a question with one hundred percent confidence, we may ask you to contact the manufacturer or put you in contact with the manufacturer. Or, we will reach out to the manufacturer on your behalf and provide an answer for you.
Use caution when using and handling rechargeable battery cells. They are sensitive to charging and may explode or burn if not handled correctly. Misuse of any rechargeable battery / batteries can result in injury.
Above all, we ask that you have basic knowledge of batteries and products you are using. Also, how to care for them properly. Please follow local laws when disposing of batteries and always recycle when possible. Link to find a recycling facility near you.
Make sure you have a firm understanding of ohms law when using rebuildable RDA, RTA, and RDTA’s. It is important to have this understanding when using these types of devices. The horror stories we hear of exploding batteries come from inexperience. Mostly from people not acknowledging the importance of this knowledge.
Make sure you understand the manufacturer’s manual for use and care of your device. Please contact the manufacturer if your vape did not come with instructions.
Only use batteries recommended for your device. Do not mix different brands of batteries. Also, do not use batteries with different charge levels, or use old and new batteries together.
Charge your vape on a clean, flat surface, away from anything that can easily catch fire. Also, place it someplace you can clearly see it. Charging on a couch or pillow where it is more prone to overheat is not recommended.
Protect your vape from extreme temperatures by not leaving it in direct sunlight or in your car on a freezing cold night. Dramatic temperature changes can also cause your vape to leak. We all know how much we hate leaky vapes.
Don’t remove or disable safety features. Like fire button locks or vent holes. Safety features are designed to prevent battery overheating and explosions.
Finally, the products we sell may carry with them some risk. So, we ask that you exercise caution when using our products like the Hohm Tech Hohm Life v4. Also, for the products Garden of Eden Vapors sells, we will not be liable for any injury, defect, or damage due to misuse.
READ BROCHURE HERE
CELL = BATTERY
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN and pets.
- DO NOT PUT IN FIRE, oven, microwave, or heat over 100oC (212oF), as it can EXPLODE.
- NEVER CARRY or store OUTSIDE of its protective packaging or a PROTECTIVE CELL CASE.
- NEVER PUT IN POCKET, purse, or anywhere WITH METAL OBJECTS including COINS and KEYS. Otherwise cells could short-circuit and EXPLODE.
- DO NOT USE IN A DEVICE THAT EXCEEDS MAX CELL WATTAGE (listed on each cell and retail packaging). Otherwise if device fails to stop pulling power, the cell capabilities can be exceeded causing catastrophic failure and EXPLODE.
- DO NOT USE A LOWER RESISTANCE (Ω) # (listed on each cell and retail packaging). Otherwise cell capabilities can be exceeded causing catastrophic failure and EXPLODE.
- DO NOT USE CELL WITH ANY DAMAGE TO ITS STRUCTURE OR OUTER PROTECTIVE LABEL (also called “WRAP”, “sleeve”, “skin”). Damage may include: dent(s), tear(s), nick(s), puncture(s), corrosion, or any other undisclosed abnormalities or undisclosed damages. ALWAYS INSPECT cell VISUALLY and by TOUCH to SEE/FEEL for damage BEFORE EACH USE. ** SEE ILLUSTRATION BELOW AS GUIDELINE. **
- NEVER LEAVE UNATTENDED WHILE CHARGING. As unlikely as it may be, a charger could malfunction or cause a short-circuit to cell, leading to catastrophic failure and EXPLODE.
- ALWAYS REMOVE CELL(s) from CHARGER ONCE FULLY CHARGED to ensure they are not at risk of exposure to any potential charger malfunction such as overcharging. ONLY USE LI-ION CHARGER (3.6V & 3.7V)
- DO NOT CHARGE HIGHER THAN MAX CHARGE VOLTAGE (V) (typically 4.2V) or DISCHARGE BELOW MAX VOLTAGE CUT-OFF (V)(typically 2.5V). Overcharging or over discharging cell can cause irreversible damage or catastrophic failure and EXPLODE.
- ALWAYS USE MATCHING CELLS in MULTI-CELL DEVICES. Differences in cell capacity can lead to overcharging or over-discharging cell. This can lead to catastrophic failure of one or more cells causing EXPLOSION.
- IF USING A MULTI-CELL DEVICE, IT MUST HAVE A NON-CONDUCTIVE BARRIER (typically plastic) to PREVENT CELLS FROM TOUCHING METAL except for the very center of top and bottom of cell. Otherwise cell(s) could short-circuit and EXPLODE.
- ALWAYS use, connect, charge, and OPERATE CELL(s) WITHIN THEIR CAPABILITIES as listed on each battery, its packaging, and in the brochure, while adhering to the device’s user manual.
- IF USED IN A DEVICE THAT CAN OR DOES USE MORE THAN 50% of cell MAX AMPERAGE (A) OR MAX WATTAGE (W) LIMIT, (listed on each cell and its packaging), REPLACE WITHIN 100 DAYS DAYS OF PURCHASE OR IMMEDIATELY IF DAMAGED. Higher amperage/wattage accelerates cell aging and degradation, which decreases performance, capacity, and safety.
- IF ONLY USED IN A DEVICE THAT CANNOT BE SET OVER 50% of cell MAX AMPERAGE (A) OR MAX WATTAGE (W) LIMIT, (listed on each cell and its packaging), REPLACE WITHIN 180 DAYS OF PURCHASE OR IMMEDIATELY IF DAMAGED. Otherwise as cell ages and degrades with time and use, it decreases performance, capacity, and safety.
- COMPLETELY READ and follow this WARNING section listed here, above, below, in brochure, and listed on each cell and its retail packaging.
- SEARCH www.YouTube.com for “HOW TO REWRAP Hohm Tech Hohm Life 18650 v2” and “18650 EXPLOSIONS” to understand and know the importance of using and maintaining lithium ion cells properly.